Foot wear

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Vxr 15

Foot wear

Post by Vxr 15 »

I'm looking for suitable footwear for when I go out in the rain, i have up to now mainly been wearing wellies or other boots along that line, what is anyone else wearing and what would be a good alternative waterproof solution. Thanks.
rubbermackintosh

Re: Foot wear

Post by rubbermackintosh »

Daft question. What is there better than wellies or waders?
cammacg

Post by cammacg »

There are plenty of adverts on the net for ankle length rubber boots. They can be worn with trousers, or indeed, shorts. I know, I have been out and about lately wearing my Joules Rubber Ankle Boots.
Tim Raincoat

Post by Tim Raincoat »

Flat shiny thigh high boot or over the knee boots as they are better known now a days
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Vxr 15 wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 3:36 pm I'm looking for suitable footwear for when I go out in the rain, i have up to now mainly been wearing wellies or other boots along that line, what is anyone else wearing and what would be a good alternative waterproof solution. Thanks.
You could try rubber riding boots be they ankle or calf length.
warmac

Post by warmac »

I usually wear shiny black Hunter boots - personal choice. I sometimes wear riding boots or other flat knee high boots, in the winter I have a pair of fur lined riding boots. Entirely a matter of preference, although I rather like the idea of wearing waders in the future.
travis28

Post by travis28 »

Linda has these, Rockports I think?

travis28

Post by travis28 »

Or these too, Silver Hunters

warmac

Post by warmac »

Since reading this post back in August, I have been musing the topic. The result is that I have just purchased a delightful pair of Aigle fur lined wellington boots for the coming winter season. One of those impulse purchases as they were considerably reduced in a shop I happened to be passing.They will be perfect to combine with a long mackintosh.