Favorite rainwear material? Why (optional)?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Rain89

Favorite rainwear material? Why (optional)?

Post by Rain89 »

Mine PVC for the thickness or rather heaviness of the material. Such a turn on.

My other favorite is vinyl. Mostly because of my childhood involving Misty Harbor And Sail Maker raincoats.

Nylon and wind proof fabric are last resorts for me.
luvcapes&macks

Re: Favorite rainwear material? Why (optional)?

Post by luvcapes&macks »

Mine has to be rubber - lined satin in either silver or scarlet .As to why , the weight , the sheen , the look of it as it moves , the feel of it on my naked body , the aroma , and did I mention the feel .
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

I like the soft plastic coated fabric materials. Shiny and matte. I like that they don't stick to the skin too much (even when wet inside and/or sweaty) while still rustling nicely, having a plastic touch on the outside and giving that comfy waterproof feeling.
HarlequinKing96

Post by HarlequinKing96 »

Since my rain gear love mostly manifests in my adoration of wellies it must be rubber!
Beth xxx
Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast

Post by Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast »

As a man with very fined-tuned senses and an inclination to 'stim' or ASMR for relaxation and stress relief (I have Aspergers aside from my PVC fetish), I am very fond of Glass Clear (in various colours) and Shiny Opaque PVC (the shinier the better). Particularly with the 'sticky' Glass Clear and the 'sticky' Shiny-Both-Sides variant of Shiny Opaque PVC, the lovely noise qualities (squeak, rustle, crackle, creak) are greatly enhanced. The softer the material, the better. The plasticisers impart a silky smoothness, rubbery texture and softness to the material. Matte PVC and lined PVC does not appeal to me anywhere as much. I love the feel of soft, smooth and rubbery vinyl against the skin. It is so sensual.

I also like the puffa/down jackets, provided that they are hi-gloss/wet-look (the shinier, the better).

Weather permitting, I do like to wear PVC rainwear in public, provided that the raincoat model/design is not overly feminine (I am a straight man, and would not feel comfortable wearing, say, a shiny pink PVC raincoat in public- no matter how hard it is raining!).

Aside from rainwear, I also enjoy other items made from my favourite PVC materials. Such as bedding and full-enclosure suits.
Hotnylon123

Post by Hotnylon123 »

Its got to be Nylon for me ! 😀
Rives

Post by Rives »

Nylon for me too!
shinymacs

Post by shinymacs »

Definitely Shiny Pvc or Sbr for me ...the shine and the reflection of movement and the lovely rustle and creaking sounds !!
Sarah pvc

Post by Sarah pvc »

shinymacs wrote: July 9th, 2020, 3:03 pm Definitely Shiny Pvc or Sbr for me ...the shine and the reflection of movement and the lovely rustle and creaking sounds !!
I’m the same a high gloss or shiny pvc, and anything patent in clothing.
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

I also would have to say that pvc is probably my favourite, but I don't really like see through or transparent. I tend to like traditional colours such as dark blue, dark green or black. I also have a fetish for nylon cagoule/overtrousers with a shiny waterproof layer inside. I know I am in a minority here, but wellies and waders don't do anything for me at all.