Waterproof shorts

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
hotwilly

Re: Waterproof shorts

Post by hotwilly »

NylonPVC wrote: June 24th, 2020, 8:35 pm Or even some sauna suit pants, which can be made of plastic, and cut the bottoms of those to turn them into plastic shorts.

They would probably feel amazing on their own commando.
From experience Sauna Suits must be worn commando and yes they do feel amazing :D
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

Some of those shown from 1'30" can bei used as shorts when the elastic at the leg openings are removed. As already mentioned someone is using a black rukka pair for jogging. But maybe the OP wants longer legs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq88yCNyuzw&app=desktop
rubberdee

Post by rubberdee »

Once cycled a river towpath wearing a pair of loose fitting rubber shorts. By 'eck wasn't the sweat running by the time I reached the carpark, where I had left my vehicle.
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

Intentionally wearing waterproof garments for sweating can be great fun. Although not for the garments. I kill one or two pairs of shiny trousers each year just by wearing them to work underneath my jeans in hot summer weather.
NylonPVC

Post by NylonPVC »

ilikecoated wrote: June 25th, 2020, 3:12 pm Intentionally wearing waterproof garments for sweating can be great fun. Although not for the garments. I kill one or two pairs of shiny trousers each year just by wearing them to work underneath my jeans in hot summer weather.
You have so many plastic pants. Do you wear them as underwear?

I have quite a few pairs and some plastic shorts. They feel amazing to wear under jeans getting wet and sweaty. Wish I could find others into it.
NylonPVC

Post by NylonPVC »

hotwilly wrote: June 25th, 2020, 6:50 am
NylonPVC wrote: June 24th, 2020, 8:35 pm Or even some sauna suit pants, which can be made of plastic, and cut the bottoms of those to turn them into plastic shorts.

They would probably feel amazing on their own commando.
From experience Sauna Suits must be worn commando and yes they do feel amazing :D
Yes definitely have to be worn commando. The feeling against the skin is amazing!
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

[quote=NylonPVC post_id=47722 time=1593205831 user_id=4751

[/quote]

Yes definitely have to be worn commando. The feeling against the skin is amazing!
[/quote]

Only worn commando.
Under a pair of Jean and then go for a 4 mile walk
By half way the suit is sticking to you and sweat is coming out the arm/ leg cuffs
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

NylonPVC wrote: June 26th, 2020, 9:06 pm
You have so many plastic pants. Do you wear them as underwear?

I have quite a few pairs and some plastic shorts. They feel amazing to wear under jeans getting wet and sweaty. Wish I could find others into it.
An elderly family member is wetting two to three of them each day. When they are new and unused I try to get hold of them and be the first one who wears them for fun. But I can do this just one with each pair of I can get them at all.
We send about a dozen of them over Jordan because they don't last eternally.

But last year I had some made for me to be worn for fun. I guess they will last longer the way I use them but not eternally. Sweat is definitely an enemy of plastics. I have them in pull-up and snap-on variants.
evad

Post by evad »

I have made waterproof shorts from a pair of single layer rain pants: Just cut off the legs, roll the ends and stich. I have a matte yellow and a dark matte green pair. I wear cotton underwear under them, and use them for swimming and sailing the dinghy.
pvcluver

Post by pvcluver »

I bought a pair of PUL's black shorts and wore them out in the back garden in September/October