Can Anyone Explain

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
rainwear-experience

Can Anyone Explain

Post by rainwear-experience »

On April 15th I posted a montage of images

http://rainwearcentral.com/viewtopic.ph ... 720#p45720

a visitor to this forum decided to steal the images and post at least some of them on their Pinterest account, the montages mustn’t have been Pinterest friendly because whoever took them chose to separate them back in to individual images

I’d just like to know why someone went to all this trouble just to add a few images to the literally thousands of other stolen images on their account

I get that people like to look at images but why not down load them to a Hard Drive or just leave them on the forum

Maybe its an ego thing, who knows

You can PM me in confidence as I have no interest in exposing you or your Pinterest account
JellyMan

Re: Can Anyone Explain

Post by JellyMan »

The only thing I can think is that they make money out of it somehow. I don't do Pinterest, so no idea what (if any) money making options are available, but usually on these sorts of sites they can make tiny fractions of pence when people see adverts alongside the content. Apart from that maybe they have a fetish for needing to have pictures and just harvest them for no good reason. After all I am sure that some people reading our site cannot for the life of them work out why anyone might choose to wear plastic pants under their normal clothes, but a good percentage of members do.
BobbyValore

Post by BobbyValore »

As far as I know there is no money to be made on Pinterest.
You are supposed to only upload your own images, or images you have the right to, and you can link them back to your website. You can monetize your own website of course, although that isnt a goldmine either anymore these days.
Tons of pictures have no backlinks, meaning people post them just to share...
rainwear-experience wrote: May 26th, 2020, 8:09 pm Maybe its an ego thing, who knows
Thats probably it: they just want to be the one posting them first so people follow them on pinterest and they feel important.
Its like how people love ot have followers on facebook, twitter, or instagram so they think they are important big shots.
rainwear-experience

Maybe I’m being uncharitable and people that do this have a medical condition that compels them to do this
I wonder if you’re right in thinking its part of today’s ‘need’ to have the most ‘followers / friends’ and look like the big shot

I’m looking through an account at the moment that has 18,000 images saved on it

There is some degree of quality control as they’ve removed watermarks and carved up montages yet they have the same image saved numerous times
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

rainwear-experience wrote: May 26th, 2020, 8:09 pm On April 15th I posted a montage of images

http://rainwearcentral.com/viewtopic.ph ... 720#p45720

a visitor to this forum decided to steal the images and post at least some of them on their Pinterest account, the montages mustn’t have been Pinterest friendly because whoever took them chose to separate them back in to individual images

I’d just like to know why someone went to all this trouble just to add a few images to the literally thousands of other stolen images on their account

I get that people like to look at images but why not down load them to a Hard Drive or just leave them on the forum

Maybe its an ego thing, who knows

You can PM me in confidence as I have no interest in exposing you or your Pinterest account
And looking at those images they are fuzzy and I know the originals are not.
And some of my images are also on that website.
Which has been bought to my attention to.
rainwear-experience

"And looking at those images they are fuzzy and I know the originals are not"

And thats a big part of the problem (another whinge coming) as content creators we put out the best quality images available but when these rip-off merchants upload them they have no regard for the quality and it reflects badly on our work and reputation
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

rainwear-experience wrote: May 27th, 2020, 9:17 am "And looking at those images they are fuzzy and I know the originals are not"

And thats a big part of the problem (another whinge coming) as content creators we put out the best quality images available but when these rip-off merchants upload them they have no regard for the quality and it reflects badly on our work and reputation
I agree!
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

If they want fuzzy images I have some lol lol!!
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

He has been a busy little bee!!
More and more photos have gone that site!
And some have the copywrite logos on!
Saltmarsh_Drifter

Post by Saltmarsh_Drifter »

There is one person who is particularly well-known in the wellies & waders community for pinching images for his own pages.