First forum/website for rainwear you used/followed

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
mackintoshed

Re: First forum/website for rainwear you used/followed

Post by mackintoshed »

I first found that I was not alone when browsing through the Exchange and Mart during the seventies. They had adds by mackintosh manufacturers, and also 'contacts' for people who had a passion for mackintoshes. Then, many years later, I discovered DFP in a shop n Soho.
BobbyValore

Post by BobbyValore »

mackintoshed wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 10:50 am I first found that I was not alone when browsing through the Exchange and Mart during the seventies. They had adds by mackintosh manufacturers, and also 'contacts' for people who had a passion for mackintoshes. Then, many years later, I discovered DFP in a shop n Soho.
The mackintosh scene really took off at some point, for anyone outside of the UK growing up with different types of rainwear that never was that popular it must have been a lot more difficult.
Johnnyrbr

Post by Johnnyrbr »

I had completely forgotten about Exchange and Mart mentioned by Mackintoshed. Used to buy it every week solely for the purpose of looking for rubber/mackintosh adverts.
Love your name by the way, get's me going every time I read it or say it !!!
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Johnnyrbr wrote: February 4th, 2020, 9:12 am I had completely forgotten about Exchange and Mart mentioned by Mackintoshed. Used to buy it every week solely for the purpose of looking for rubber/mackintosh adverts.
Love your name by the way, get's me going every time I read it or say it !!!
Yes they had lots of different stuff in the good old Exchange and Mart!
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

I remember buying a rubber maids dress and some ‘regression’ plastic adult baby panties from someone in Worcester via exchange and mart, always wondered who it was and about meeting them as didnt live far away
Lets get swishy!
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

I used to chat on the phone after meeting online another plastic pants and rainwear fan. we chatted online and on Phone for years and enjoyed some shared experiences till we lost touch. Sadly never met up though in the real world. via yahoo groups back in the day
Last edited by annabell-cagoule on February 5th, 2020, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lets get swishy!
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

Although not the first website that I used, does anyone else remember a website(u.k. based) called Splosh,subtitled "just because it's shiny dosen't mean its got to be clean". It featured pictures of women in rainwear getting muddy or hit with custard pies,etc. I think it was run by a bloke and his wife who were both active participants in the wet and messy scene. I think the site was taken down about 8 or ten years ago,after the man died.
Tim Raincoat

Post by Tim Raincoat »

Rainworshipper wrote: February 7th, 2020, 6:33 pm Although not the first website that I used, does anyone else remember a website(u.k. based) called Splosh,subtitled "just because it's shiny dosen't mean its got to be clean". It featured pictures of women in rainwear getting muddy or hit with custard pies,etc. I think it was run by a bloke and his wife who were both active participants in the wet and messy scene. I think the site was taken down about 8 or ten years ago,after the man died.
Yes I definately remember it and it is still running although the site is now managed by saturation hall, I think
rubberbootsmud

Post by rubberbootsmud »

BobbyValore wrote: January 26th, 2020, 1:53 pm For me it must have been a small Dutch website where the old rubber coated Agu rainwear from the Netherlands was discussed together with some scanned pictures of the boxes the rainwear came in. The site was in Dutch, had very limited information, and was build and maintened by 1 person only (zappy?). The year must have been early 2000's... 2000-2001 or something, and is since long gone.
Oh yes, I remember Zappy, and it must have been the first rainwear fetish site I've seen :) He also had some links to other sites like that of Jacob Rubber and Rubby 12.

The internet archive still has copies of many of these sites, if you know the links. Nice for a short trip down Memory Lane:

https://web.archive.org/web/20050829231 ... nl/~zappy/ (Zappy)

https://web.archive.org/web/20050623012 ... _boots.htm (Jacob Rubber, ca. 2005)

https://web.archive.org/web/20060502115 ... index.html (Rubby12)

Things have become a bit different over the years now that there's also a lot of material on Instagram and other 'general' websites and networks.
GummiTarzan

Post by GummiTarzan »

BobbyValore wrote: January 26th, 2020, 1:53 pm For me it must have been a small Dutch website where the old rubber coated Agu rainwear from the Netherlands was discussed together with some scanned pictures of the boxes the rainwear came in. The site was in Dutch, had very limited information, and was build and maintened by 1 person only (zappy?). The year must have been early 2000's... 2000-2001 or something, and is since long gone.
Lovely memory! One of the pages I followed and visited nearly every day!