First forum/website for rainwear you used/followed

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
BobbyValore

First forum/website for rainwear you used/followed

Post by BobbyValore »

Since the love for rainwear is a bit less common than a love for lingerie, rubber, leather, or other fetishes, and we therefore couldnt simple watch late-night TV to get inspiration, or buy a magazine in the bookshop, I was wondering what everybody's first "contact" was where they realized they were not alone.

On which website or forum did you first find more like-minded people and was able to see and share pics and other information?

For me it must have been a small Dutch website where the old rubber coated Agu rainwear from the Netherlands was discussed together with some scanned pictures of the boxes the rainwear came in. The site was in Dutch, had very limited information, and was build and maintened by 1 person only (zappy?). The year must have been early 2000's... 2000-2001 or something, and is since long gone.

After that came a dutch language rainwear forum and now that English has become less of a limitation its mostly english language forums.

Share :)
MissRachel

Re: First forum/website for rainwear you used/followed

Post by MissRachel »

For me it was site that was called the "International Rubberist." The Moderator was very friendly and the site was helpful to find other like minded people.
If you missed any of my rain-wear videos have a look here... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCplUP6 ... GRFRzPWLfg
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

In the days before the internet I found an advert in yellow pages for Weather Vain. It was a small add with a hand drawn picture of a woman in a Mac and proclaimed rubber and PVC raincoats and capes. I sent for the catalogue and in there was a picture of a woman in a glass clear plastic suit, sadly wearing a latex catsuit underneath, but that was my first inkling that others might want to acquire plastic wear for kinky rather than practical reasons. I was hard up, so all I could afford was a pair of red PVC panties for my girlfriend. They were the cotton backed type, looked great on her, but I was not at the point in our relationship where I would admit that I would have preferred to see her in clear unbacked plastic. After that the internet came along and I spent many a dial-up hour looking for images (no videos back then). I found a series of photos of waitresses or barmaids dressed in clear plastic outfits (I knew they were waitresses as they carried trays of drinks). Alas the image quality was poor and I waited as full images slowly loaded from tiny thumbnails, revealing more of the girl from top to bottom, it was quite exciting waiting to see naked boobs under plastic then the anticipation of a possible similar pussy sighting!
BobbyValore

Post by BobbyValore »

The slow loading of pictures bring back memories JellyMan.
Back then it was so much more a search (pre-google days) and once you found something it was that you really found it.
Rives

Post by Rives »

JellyMan wrote: January 26th, 2020, 2:12 pm In the days before the internet I found an advert in yellow pages for Weather Vain. It was a small add with a hand drawn picture of a woman in a Mac and proclaimed rubber and PVC raincoats and capes. I sent for the catalogue and in there was a picture of a woman in a glass clear plastic suit, sadly wearing a latex catsuit underneath, but that was my first inkling that others might want to acquire plastic wear for kinky rather than practical reasons. I was hard up, so all I could afford was a pair of red PVC panties for my girlfriend. They were the cotton backed type, looked great on her, but I was not at the point in our relationship where I would admit that I would have preferred to see her in clear unbacked plastic. After that the internet came along and I spent many a dial-up hour looking for images (no videos back then). I found a series of photos of waitresses or barmaids dressed in clear plastic outfits (I knew they were waitresses as they carried trays of drinks). Alas the image quality was poor and I waited as full images slowly loaded from tiny thumbnails, revealing more of the girl from top to bottom, it was quite exciting waiting to see naked boobs under plastic then the anticipation of a possible similar pussy sighting!
Likewise I saw an advertisement in one of the Sunday papers for South Bucks Rainwear. You could send away for a brochure by mail order and I did so aged 21 if I recall.

When it arrived it consisted of a brochure in the form of a booklet. Each page consisted of black and white picture of the raincoat being modelled in a variety of different settings, and a description underneath it. There were two raincoats on each page. Each modelled raincoat would be worn - as my Mother put it - correctly. Top buttons were fastened, belts were tightened, and collars folded over neatly. The brochure consisted of approximately 25 different raincoats if I remember.

The female models were typically of more mature years rather than the younger models that might have been anticipated and were at pains to "model the mackintosh " rather than themselves. They were often very serious looking and played right into the hands of a young man looking to be forced into his mac by a more mature lady!!

Happy days
Johnnyrbr

Post by Johnnyrbr »

I always thought I was the only guy in the world with a love of rubber/plastic, be it wellingtons or macks until one day I discovered a small magazine on the 'top shelf' of the newsagents [ can't remember the name] I think it was mainly dedicated to leather but at the back had two or three pages dedicated to rubber lovers. This increased in time to my delight and sometimes included stories. Later there came other magazines totally for rubber/plastic mackintoshes. I also sent for brochures from South Bucks and weather Vane, but also had their sample packs of materials used. Couldn't wait fro postman to deliver them so I could feel and smell all the different kinds of rubber /plastic and imagined having a mackintosh made up of them. Problem was I could never afford them. How delighted I was to discover such sites as this on the internet and to be able to share experiences. I'm sure our thanks goes to all who run this site
NoraSverige

Post by NoraSverige »

fetish-memoirs

only webbpage with rukka raincoat content

i was suprised finding it and see girls use rukka raincoats so happyly
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

I think the first website I encountered was the International Rubberist site. Like a lot of the contributors on here I used to think I was the only person who had a liking for pvc or thin nylon garments, but I do remember when I was still living at home with my parents(circa 1983) I opened the sunday newspaper and there was an article in the fashion page devoted to the wearing of pvc raincoats, saying how practical and sexy they were along with some photos of models in macs. Since it was on the fashion page it must have been written by a woman, and you can imagine my delight on reading this.
kinkychippy

Post by kinkychippy »

The magazine's search and relate were a great read for myself in discovering that I was not alone with a fascination for plastic macs and pants from an early age. Also the magazine atomage was another one ,it also had many articles on my other interest of rubber bondage, i was so relived to know that others out there shared my fetish.
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

Patti's Parlour