Wearing wellies in unusual places.

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
NoraSverige

Re: Wearing wellies in unusual places.

Post by NoraSverige »

Mudlover74 wrote: January 17th, 2020, 4:04 pm I love to wear my hunter wellies whenever possible, I'm going to the cinema tonight, and I want to wear them, its been very wet and cold so its justified right??? Any thoughts from you wonderful people?
This is a interesting topic.

I like wearing both my long rukka raincoat and hunter boots when in for example a cinema or when its very cold. It feels amazing.
Don Wellington

Post by Don Wellington »

Yes, go for it ! Once I put mine on in the morning I am in them for most of the day, like today took the dog for her walk and then bought her back home and then off to the supermarket to do the weekly shop. No one bats an eyelid these days and probably never did, it was probably our own self consciousness that prevented most of us doing what we wanted.
Tim Raincoat

Post by Tim Raincoat »

There is a woman who always shops on a friday night in our local Aldi in her shiny red hunters and she looks amazing in them
HarlequinKing96

Post by HarlequinKing96 »

Since I live in a reasonable walking distance to my nearby cinema I'll be in my wellies if it's pouring out there! Often I'll be dripping in mud and water on the way.
Beth xxx
HarlequinKing96

Post by HarlequinKing96 »

Mudlover74 wrote: January 18th, 2020, 9:54 pm
HarlequinKing96 wrote: January 18th, 2020, 8:24 pm Since I live in a reasonable walking distance to my nearby cinema I'll be in my wellies if it's pouring out there! Often I'll be dripping in mud and water on the way.
Be rude not to. 😍
A little bit of mud on my boots coming into the cinema... a LOT on the way home!
Beth xxx
MissRachel

Post by MissRachel »

Lindaf wrote: January 18th, 2020, 12:46 pm We have outdoor and indoor wellies. The outdoor ones are for walking in the woods etc. You can guess what the indoor ones are used for....lol. Maybe not unusual after all
Same here. I have boots for the garden and boots for in the house!
If you missed any of my rain-wear videos have a look here... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCplUP6 ... GRFRzPWLfg
Saltmarsh_Drifter

Post by Saltmarsh_Drifter »

Mudlover74 wrote: January 18th, 2020, 9:39 am https://i.imgur.com/OMXSKEW.jpg
Wow what an enjoyable evening... :P
Looks very enjoyable!
Saltmarsh_Drifter

Post by Saltmarsh_Drifter »

Lindaf wrote: January 18th, 2020, 12:46 pm We have outdoor and indoor wellies. The outdoor ones are for walking in the woods etc. You can guess what the indoor ones are used for....lol. Maybe not unusual after all
I also have indoor and outdoor wellies and waders. The indoor ones are usually the most expensive and highly-prized among collectors and have had little to no wear considering their age, such as my BTR Bullseye wellies and Hunter Shorefisher waders; the outdoor ones I've been able to acquire for sensible prices and have had good use by their previous owners, such as my Bullseye Trent, Hunter Coarsefisher and Century waders, and most of my Hunter wellies.

I also have some 'emergency' wellies and waders that are in very easy reach for when I urgently need to go for a splodge in the mud ;)
wellygirl1

Post by wellygirl1 »

i like to wear mine in summer with shorts