I want to know more films that have raincoats

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
bethbennett202

Re: I want to know more films that have raincoats

Post by bethbennett202 »

I'm sorry I haven't seen enough shiny rain macs yet need some more films listed must be people who know more films then others which had a rain coat scene
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Not a film, but a tv series, but ‘keeping faith’ has the main character more in her yellow pvc macintosh then out of it in the whole of series one, often with pink hunter wellies on too, series two she also has a blue fabric mac as well as the yellow and often in the rain as its set in west wales.

Its also a fantastic drama in itself.

Find it on amazon prime
Lets get swishy!
hairygit

Post by hairygit »

Saw a 1947 film on Talking Pictures TV over the weekend, called "It always rains on Sunday" I caught the last half hour of it, quite a few scenes of a young woman wearing what I assume is a pvc raincoat. I hunted youtube for it, but all I could find was the original theatrical trailer. Eventually managed to get a full copy from a torrent downloading site, glad I did as there is a 5 minute scene from a street market where all the traders, male and female were wearing clear plastic macs, and other scenes with other females wearing different pvc raincoats. Was actually quite intrigued as I always assumed that pvc raincoats first appeared in the late 1950's, it seems from some research that they first appeared late 1930's! Anyway, the film itself is actually quite a good watch, with a good plot, and has Googie Withers as a young woman in it, well worth a watch.
Domino

Post by Domino »

'Dressed to Kill' (1980) starring Michael Caine, Angie Dickinson and Nancy Allen.

Michael Caine plays a psychiatrist. There is a murderer who always wears a shiny black mac when she slashes her victims with a razor.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R8_HfT2ndyg
rainmacmad

Post by rainmacmad »

Sophia Loren films 5 Miles to midnight and Arabesque.
bethbennett202

Post by bethbennett202 »

Last night was on the horror channel in uk was surprised when a film called hellions 2015 started at beginning a girl is in a shiny pvc leopard print raincoat and wears it for a couple of scenes she rides a bicycle in it really neat raincoat can anyone tell me where you can buy the same raincoat
Shinyladylvr

Post by Shinyladylvr »

Try look for: Poison Ivy, the new seduction from 1997. It stars Jaimie Pressly and in several scenes she wears a very seductive black vinyl Mac. If you look on YouTube someone called Nicole Winters has downloaded a 4 minute 28 second collection from the film where this sexy Mac is worn.
marcus_germany

Post by marcus_germany »

At the moment in "Daserste" (ARD) in Germany (Outside Germany, use Internet or Astra satelite) 3.11.2019 1:00 Uhr Film in "Sabrina": Szcene where szene where a Model with a Clear PVC Rain hood and clear pvc raincoat and a clear pvc dome umbrella is in a photo shoot. in next szene with a clear magenta pvc rainhood and a clear magenta pvc raincoat. Unfortunately you can not download from the ARd-Mediathek as it is Copyrighted Material.
PVC is sexy.
capefetish

Post by capefetish »

The movie 'Secretary' has quite a few scenes where the main character is seen wearing a gorgeous purple hooded PVC raincape that appears to be about 3/4.

I adore watching the scenes of that. Lovely swishing cape action.
bethbennett202

Post by bethbennett202 »

Theres some proper old fashioned macs worn by navy men in 2002 film below nice 1940s ones