Mac Mac reMacked

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
MacRobin

Mac Mac reMacked

Post by MacRobin »

27 years ago to the day (give or take a few weeks) I took delivery of a Mac Mac.

There are many here who know immediately what I am talking about. Mac Mac were having a sale, ½ price and to this day I regret and mourn that I didn't order 2, or 3 or 4. I still have the catalogue of the day; the front cover has a colour photo of the most attractive woman imaginable sitting on a leather couch, wearing a green Mac Mac. So I ordered a red one. I could have ordered black, but decided I had enough black stuff. I was cheeky when I submitted dimensions by post and chose a length that took it right down to my ankles.

I can honestly say that this was the most exciting and exquisite rubber item of clothing that I have ever possessed. There are those on this site who will know more about Mac Mac and Brimley Mill and Lord and Lady Peter Glidewell, than I do. They coated cotton cloth on both sides with a layer of rubber and then chlorinated it. The result was raincoat of supreme smooth slipperiness with deep pockets that slithered and slid over naked skin as the wearer went about his (or her) business. Perhaps someone here can throw in a comment about the lady who modelled the green number on the front cover of the catalogue. Who was she? Was it just a modelling job?

I digress. Over the years I have formed a relationship with this Mac Mac. I call her MacMac, my substitute Miranda (aka mermaid Glynis Johns) wearing a yellow taffeta rubberised raincoat, which was a pivotal moment in my life.

After 27 years of my continual devotion and affection, MacMac began to show signs that the thin layer of chlorinated isoprene molecules had begun to wear off. In a nutshell, MacMac became a bit tacky, in the sense that she no longer slid effortlessly over my skin, but needed encouragement. I even thought of ceremonially burying her.

But at the back of my mind was the fact that, if she had been successfully chlorinated 27 years ago, and now the slick smooth chlorination layer had worn off, surely it could be re-created. Research in the usual places gave mixed reviews. They appeared (by virtue of their other utterances) to claim that you cannot re-chlorinate rubber once chlorinated. It was the style of their language that reminded of the vicar in my village preparing me for confirmation (it's OK folks I rescued myself) who declared with no more proof than a loud voice, that I was not allowed to fuck any woman unless I married them. I did not argue with him. Daphne, the regular wearer a a double sheen rubberised Dannimac told me that if I fucked her and she got pregnant, the child would not be born till she was 16. Daphne was quite good at maths and sex.

I digress. I found an article about chlorination written by Gord of Rugby and he spoke with authority. He never mentioned the forbidden re-chlorination commandment. And he gave all the formulae.

So I bought the stuff. 5 litres of bleach 5% cost 0.97€ from LeClerc supermarket as well as 5 litres of hydrochloric, 30% 3.05€ also from LeClerc.

I did a test chlorination with a nice item, a whole body translucent latex body suit that was typical unchlorinated latex, nice and smooth on the outside but less smooth on the inside. I did the job outside with a slight breeze blowing the chlorine away and the result was a spectacular success.

I then went for whole hog -- MacMac and also a full body (integral gloves, feet and head) hydroglove which was sagging after 12 years.

MacMac has been Lazarussed! She lives. She is now, once again slinky smooth on inside and outside and it it a spectacularly beautiful mind blowing rubber raincoat -- once again. I can hardly believe the transformation. Yes, she has some frayed bits but she feels exactly as she was when I first met her 27 years ago. Oh, and the hydroglove perked up and I can slip it on easily even on warm days . . .

If anyone is thinking of doing some home chlorination, yes it is easy. After my test run I got over confident and when I upped the content of the vat by a factor 4, I did get hit by what I thought at the time was a minor waft of chlorine gas, lasting a second. You must avoid this at all costs. Next time I shall use a respirator.

One of these days, I shall learn how to post images here. I carried everything out under the gaze of my CCTV and I renamed the camera "MacMac CamCam" for the occasion.

I am happy chappie.

I saw a Louis Vettoni rubber mack on eBay recently for 6.000€ -- Slovenia. I would not sell my MacMac for 10,000€ nor more. You don't sell your lover.
MacRobin

Re: Mac Mac reMacked

Post by MacRobin »

Oh, I forgot to mention that after the chemical procedure, I carried out a full impermeabity test in full view of CCTV cam. I dressed in my rechlorinated hydroglove ensemble with MacMac on top. She, MacMac, craved for my skin but I told her she had to wait till nightime. Then I set up a hosepipe with the rose set to simulate a shower and frolicked beneath it. CCTV yardage shows a bright red MacMac glistening with rain. When it was all over, I slipped off the MacMac and found that the hydroglove was totally dry. Beneath the hydroglove, I was a bit moist.