Muddy places in Norfolk/Suffolk?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
MudLover

Muddy places in Norfolk/Suffolk?

Post by MudLover »

Hi all, does anyone know of any muddy places in Norfolk/Suffolk? I live in Lowestoft and while I have a car I don't want to have to travel too far...say 15 miles max....any suggestions?
plasticmacboy

Re: Muddy places in Norfolk/Suffolk?

Post by plasticmacboy »

I am just down the coast from you in Woodbridge (easy to get to by train from Lowestoft) and we have plenty of muddy walks near the river - i am very into wellies and rainwear
warmac

Post by warmac »

When I am down that part of the world, which is fairly often because I own a boat, I enjoy walking from Somerleyton on the path across the marshes toward Lowestoft. There are a lot of places around the Broads, especially the many paths that cross the marshes where you are unlikely to meet many (if any) other people, especially in late Autumn/winter. I get suitably dressed in one of my PVC mackintoshes, rubber boots etc and walk for hours when the weather is appropriate.
plasticmacboy

Post by plasticmacboy »

warmac wrote: June 6th, 2019, 3:18 pm When I am down that part of the world, which is fairly often because I own a boat, I enjoy walking from Somerleyton on the path across the marshes toward Lowestoft. There are a lot of places around the Broads, especially the many paths that cross the marshes where you are unlikely to meet many (if any) other people, especially in late Autumn/winter. I get suitably dressed in one of my PVC mackintoshes, rubber boots etc and walk for hours when the weather is appropriate.
I'd love to join you sometime in one of my plastic raincoats and wellies !
warmac

Post by warmac »

plasticmacboy wrote: June 7th, 2019, 10:30 am
warmac wrote: June 6th, 2019, 3:18 pm When I am down that part of the world, which is fairly often because I own a boat, I enjoy walking from Somerleyton on the path across the marshes toward Lowestoft. There are a lot of places around the Broads, especially the many paths that cross the marshes where you are unlikely to meet many (if any) other people, especially in late Autumn/winter. I get suitably dressed in one of my PVC mackintoshes, rubber boots etc and walk for hours when the weather is appropriate.
I'd love to join you sometime in one of my plastic raincoats and wellies !
I am sure we could sort something out! May need to wait until it gets a bit cooler and wetter.