'wot no macs'!

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
plasphil

'wot no macs'!

Post by plasphil »

So far I've seen very little evidence of PVC/plastic/vinyl rainwear in the major stores at the moment. Even the likes of Primark and Top Shop don't seem to be stocking very much this year. Obviously there's on-line but not a great deal of choice there either even though the festival season is almost here.

Phil
pvculike

Re: 'wot no macs'!

Post by pvculike »

Phil, Plastic Macs in the mainstream sector Ebb and Flow and are also catwalk driven, PVC was so "In" last year but is so "yesterday" now. You will see singers and celebrities occasionally wearing PVC but the mainstream is very fickle when it comes to PVC. As a consequence Elements Rainwear has had a very quiet start to the year. Maybe with "Global warming" we might get some downpours and tropical weather starting a PVC revolution, then again pigs might fly.

Gaz
Taurus

Post by Taurus »

Nice pvc/vinyl rainwear is indeed very rare in the major stores this season. Last season brought us some nice pvc/vinyl skirts and pants but these are also gone...
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

Vinyl skirts, trousers and leggings were mainly a winter thing during the last few years. Maybe we will see some again in half a year.
At the moment you may see some of the very lovely shiny Rains macs and jackets once in a while.
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

This season seems to be more rubbery fishermans style raincoats and macs, which is ok with me :) x
Lets get swishy!
Muddyrainwearguy

Post by Muddyrainwearguy »

I picked up a Tretorn Wings rain jacket in my local TK Maxx this week and they also had the Hunter Vinyl jackets for about £40 but only in yellow and blue.