Gisele Bündchen wears vinyl trousers.

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
ilikecoated

Re: Gisele Bündchen wears vinyl trousers.

Post by ilikecoated »

Sorry, if my post offended someone.
I just like to "torture" a plastic garment once in a while.
Getting wet from the inside is nothing special for the majority of vinyl pants. Some are intended for that purpose from the beginning and the other kind are getting wet simply by sweating.
I don't think that these celebrities will wash theirs gently by hand as one would do to make them live longer. That way sweat from dancing etc and wrinkles from sitting in these beautiful tight jeans will finally do their "job" of slowly detrriorating them.
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

I am wearing one of my two pairs of Mango vinyl trousers while I write. I am wearing them for almost 12 hours underneath my jeans now. I will shower and change to the dry pair afterwards and let the first ones dry. One negative fact of these garments is that they dry only slowly because the humidity can only evaporate in one direction. Even when turned inside-out. That means that I will probably have to slip into a damp pair again in the morning. But I must say that the intended sweating with these is quite a nice feeling.
I think I will buy another two pairs, because I think they will soon start fleaking on the outside from the sweat.

In the meantime I came to the conclusion that we might probably have missed the trend already. I found many chic ones like that from the last autumn and this spring season that are already sold out. They can be seen in action when clicking "laufsteg ansehen". Unfortunatley there is no sound !

http://www.asos.de/Tripp-NYC-Vinyl-Schm ... dC9Qcm9kLw..

http://www.asos.de/Motel-Jordan-Vinylho ... bC9Qcm9kLw..

Or these nice ones with a side-zip, that would also lend themselves for cutting off the legs and adding elastic bands:

https://www.google.ch/search?q=urban+ou ... mp98Z4w%3D

P.S.: For those who are interested in the waterproof test, PM me and I'll send you the links.
Last edited by ilikecoated on July 26th, 2016, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

I was wearing those nice Mango trousers again under my jeans today during a very hot day. I even rode my bicycle home with those on and the jeans on top of them. It is great how these trousers prevented the jeans from getting damp and smelly. It worked flawlessly I must admit.
The only downside is indeed that they don t get really dry until the next day. I had to slip into a damp pair this morning like I was assuming in advance.
delboy

Post by delboy »

I have been following the comments with interest as I am involved with sailing and boating and of an age when the only waterproof clothing was cotton backed PVC and it was quite normal to wear a PVC top and trousers and you often still see canal boaters similarly dressed today as they have to stand out in the rain to steer their barge.

I still wear black PVC trousers when boating and also when going out if it is raining heavily. I purchsed my latest pair last year from Weathervain and they match my black PVC trenchcoat that I also purchased from Weathervain.

I have often been complimened on my suitable outfit when wearing it out in the rain.

Delboy
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

In the meantime the jeans that Gisele wore are officially available. But they are almost sold out. Quite astonishing at a price around 1000 Dollars !
Thats just another example of how a lot of people follow the celebs like sheep .......
Don't get me wrong. Those are definitely very nice pants. But there are other ones available for years now that look as nice and which are usually made by labels from the fetish, goth or punk scene.
Or the French Connection ones that are really veeeery elegant.
I got mine in the meantime. They fit me like a glove. But they failed the "festival test" miserably due to the stretch fabric panels on the inside of the legs. These are not necessary IMO because the vinyl fabric used is stretchy enough.
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

If someone likes an elegant pair of shiny vinyl trousers - there seem to be a few left in the largest size of these ones here. Being a high-waist ladies cut they are quite narrow around the waist.

http://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0464102001.html